Creating space is important in life, perhaps now more than ever. Not everyone knows how to do it with confidence however. There are some easy ways to clear your energy and space, so it doesn't have to be complicated. Space clearing can become part of a personal-care practice, along with meditation or yoga and other modalities. Although it isn't something that everyone is interested in, it can be a great way to maintain one's spiritual wellbeing, personal space and can indirectly extend to others.
Space clearing is effective for various reasons and it is done many different ways. Firstly, I feel one needs to be in a relatively sound personal space to do this, have clear psychic boundaries and be able to open the self up to a bigger perspective. I also feel it is best to be aware that it doesn't involve underlying motivations such as personal gain, fear or ego. Cleansing or clearing energy of any sort is a sacred practice. It is about allowing the space to return to its natural state much like the personal journey of returning back to the organic self, beyond the personality or ego (not that I've ever encountered a space with an ego...it's more of a human thing!). Sometimes it's easier to have someone else perform the ritual and that's ok too.
Keep in mind when cleansing a space, it also naturally creates space. The effectiveness of the clearing depends on several factors, one of them being how one enters the space in the first place. For some people clearing energy comes naturally and is an elegant process to witness. For others it is very elaborate and lengthy. Neither is a right or wrong way, it is what an individual is called to do. Below are some indicators that I've observed personally while clearing space and energy over the years. I share these observations with consideration of other's viewpoints and beliefs in mind.
1. Always ask permission - this is an essential part of any healing, be it a healing on a person or a space. Asking permission if we can enter the space and clear it is respectful for all concerned. It may seem like a subtle exercise, however, the repercussions can be profound. There are a number of reasons why the answer might be "No" and it is wise to respect the energy regardless.
2. Clearing your own energy - it might come to light that we may need to attend to our own energy first. Our own psychic energy can determine how effective the clearing will be. This can take a few minutes to a few days or longer depending on what is happening for an individual. Some meditation, healing or inner reflection may be required to feel more balanced spiritually or psychically. Below is a link to a Relaxation Meditation that supports inner peace, presence and connection.
It doesn't mean that we don't matter in the grand design of things, quite the opposite, it's just about allowing the magic of the mystery to unfold. Feathers and other such things are also used allowing the medicine of the animal to come through to assist.
5. Ask the space/spiritual aides if any sacred objects are required - sometimes no objects are necessary. A space can be cleared psychically. Some more customary tools are: palo santo, sage, feathers, water/sea water, incense, bells/chimes, music, singing bowls, drums, various herbs, sacred plants, crystals or simply opening a window or door to let fresh air in. Other things can be: the voice - singing or mantras, bringing natural elements into the home such as a water fountain, plants, wood, shells, etc.
6. Creating the space - there are many different ways to create a sacred space or to clear space. Energy likes to hide sometimes, especially secretive and covert energy so light and smudging can be extremely affective with this. One of the rituals that works for me personally is calling in the directions to create a medicine wheel, although it is not always the traditional circular form. Follow whatever feels right for you in the moment. On many occasions I've had some seemingly peculiar or odd things asked of me by Spirit, yet it was perfect for the space and for the circumstance. Some of you may have experienced this too! It doesn't matter that it may not make sense to the mind.
There can be many factors at play so making sure we give plenty of time to the process and ourselves may be necessary. I feel that clearing energy is not something to be rushed, rather completed thoroughly and with awareness.
10. Trust in Spirit and any light beings/guides - trusting the help that one calls upon creates space. When asking a question, usually the first answer is the perfect one even if it seems strange. If it still doesn't make sense sometimes we may want to ask for further clarification and do the best we can to not edit the response from the mind.
11. Trust in the Self - although everyone's gifts are unique, I feel that trusting in the way we do something is a core aspect of navigating through life be it in the physical or spiritual dimensions. If there is a lack of confidence, reaching out to others we trust to ask for support and/or feedback may feel appropriate.
Soulful Living Blog